LOTSA A CAPPELLA
playlist - Dr. King Tribute 2013
Dr. King Special - January 20, 2013
Artist ~ Song ~ Album
- The Persuasions ~ Good Old A Cappella ~ We Still Ain't Got No Band
- Street Sounds ~ If You Miss Me from the Back of the Bus / Sister Rosa ~ Street Sounds
- Sweet Honey In The Rock ~ Movin' On ~ Raise Your Voice!
- A Perfect Blend ~ A Change Is Gonna Come ~ Encore
- The Staple Singers ~ Freedom Highway ~ Freedom Highway
- Aaron Neville ~ Oh Freedom ~ I Know I've Been Changed
- Kaia ~ Ain't Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me 'Round ~ Kaia: Live! Spring 2006
- The SNCC Freedom Singers led by Rutha Harris ~ We Shall Not Be Moved ~ Voices of the Civil Rights Movement: Black American Freedom Songs 1960-1966
- Amanda Bowens Perdew & Virginia Davis ~ Ain' Scared of Nobody ~ Voices of the Civil Rights Movement: Black American Freedom Songs 1960-1966
- Sweet Honey In the Rock & James Horner ~ Eyes On The Prize (Hold On) ~ Freedom Song (original motion picture soundtrack)
- Mavis Staples with Ladysmith Black Mambazo ~ Down In Mississippi ~ We'll Never Turn Back
- The SNCC Freedom Singers led by Marshall Jones ~ In the Mississippi River ~ Voices of the Civil Rights Movement: Black American Freedom Songs 1960-1966
- The Fisk Jubilee Singers ~ Wade In The Water ~ Wade In the Water, Vol. 1: African American Spirituals
- The Persuasions ~ People Get Ready ~ Street Corner Symphony
- The Five Blind Boys of Alabama ~ This May Be The Last Time ~ Oh Lord - Stand By Me / Marching Up To Zion
- Linda Tillery And The Cultural Heritage Choir ~ Good News, The Chariot's Coming ~ Front Porch Music
- The Howard University Choir ~ I Wanna Be Ready ~ I Still Believe: A Choral Tribute To Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Sweet Honey In the Rock & James Horner ~ We'll Never Turn Back ~ Freedom Song (original motion picture soundtrack)
Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.
~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.